Each team needs its leader and at Banat IT we are looking for event managers we can count on.
Do you often find yourself organizing your life into milestones, spending hours planning and re-planning a Friday night out and creating a colorful Gantt-chart to plan your holidays and setting time-based tasks for your friends and family? If it sounds like your life in a nutshell, if your personal life is planned to the nth degree and you need a brand new challenge, you should definitely come and join your forces with us.
They say that “Too few people on a project can’t solve the problems – too many create more problems and then they solve it.”
- In organizing or being part of an event’s organizing team.
Typical work activities and responsibilities:
- Producing detailed proposals for events (e.g. timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing);
- Researching markets to identify opportunities for events;
- Agreeing to and managing a budget;
- Booking a suitable venue;
- Identifying and confirming speakers or special guests;
- Coordinating staffing requirements and staff briefings;
- Liaising with marketing and PR colleagues to promote the event;
- Liaising with fundraiser and treasurer to plan and execute budget;
- Liaising with the project team and designers to create a brand for the event and organizing the production of tickets, posters, catalogs and sales brochures, plus social media coverage;
- Coordinating suppliers, handling supervisor’s queries and troubleshooting on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly;
- Ensures that participants agree to and follow event’s code of conduct;
- Overseeing the dismantling and removal of the event and clearing the venue efficiently;
- Post-event evaluation (including data entry and analysis and producing reports for event stakeholders).
- Excellent communication skills, including writing and speaking;
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers;
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism;
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision;
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality;
- Previous experience in coordinating special events/office administrative management is an advantage;
- Proficient using of Google Drive and email and web searches.
- Banat IT (BIT) is a two year old non-profit NGO. It was founded to keep the IT & Creative community connected and informed about various opportunities to drive this industry towards continuously leveraging its strengths as a major pole of tech and creative excellence.
What’s in it for you?
- The chance to work with cool, passionate people and learn from experienced mentors
- We introduce you to a corporate and entrepreneurial environment
- The opportunity to create your own network of people, from freelancers to entrepreneurs and company managers.
- Gain experience in different areas of expertise
- You can equate this internship with your annual practice
- Length: three month unpaid internship
- Hours: 6-8 hours / week (times are flexible)
- Location: Timisoara Startup Hub
- Mentors: Specialists in Event planning
How to apply:
- Fill in this FORM and we’ll get back to you, to schedule a discussion.
- Deadline: 6th of November