Banat region is well recognized as important region for agriculture and a source of quality food both in Serbia and Romania.
Our friends from Novi-Sad developed FRACTALS, a project to distribute a total grant support of 5,52 MEUR to 50‐60 SMEs and Web entrepreneurs from all over Europe in order to “inject” Future Internet based apps in the Agricultural Sector.
The FRACTALS Open Call will be launched pretty soon, at the end of November 2014, while the Call will remain open until the 28th of February 2015.
The support through FRACTALS project is going to be multi‐dimensional in the sense that it aims to span beyond grant assistance to also include:
- the technical capacity building of ICT SMEs and Web entrepreneurs with respect to developing applications based on the Future Internet Infrastructure
- the testing and validation of applications in an open innovation context (by involving end‐users in the testing/validation assignment through a Living Labs environment established by BioSense Center in the region of Vojvodina)
- clustering and mentoring services related to entrepreneurship and venture capital finance.
FRACTALS Call will be open to all European SMEs and Web entrepreneurs but will additionally focuson areas which so far have been considered as “white spots” with respect to Future Internet investments (Balkans, South East Europe). In this regard, the FRACTALS project joins as partner of Timisoara Startup Weekend event to start this Friday, November 14th in Timisoara Startup Hub.
If you have an idea aiming to implement Future of Internet principles in fields related to agriculture, this is the best setting to advance it: pitch the idea on Friday, build up a stellar team to work on the concept, get mentorship from FRACTALS expert Grigorios Chatzikostas, pitch the concept and win the Startup Weekend Timisoara.
Seems simple, isn’t it? Next step, logically, is to apply for a FRACTALS grant of up to 150 kEUR.
FRACTALS in numbers
- Duration 24 months
- Partners 9 (6 countries)
- EU Contribution 6.9m EUR
- Budget allocated to Grants for SMEs 5.52m EUR
- Number of Grants to be allocated to SMEs 50‐60
- Grant per SME 50‐150k EUR
- Duration of SMEs sub‐projects 4‐9 months
- Start date 01.09.2014.
- Open Call Dates Launch 30.11.2014. / Deadline 28.02.2015.
FRACTALS Coordinator: Development Fund of Autonomous Province of Vojvodina (DFV)
FRACTALS project partners are: University of Novi Sad ‐ BioSense Center (SRB), Vojvodina ICT Cluster (SRB), ATOS (ES), National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (GR), DLO (NL), Association of ICT Companies of Northern Greece, YASAD Software Industrialists Association (TR) and Bulgarian Association of Software Companies.