Banat IT is partnering with the Timiș Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture, with ARIES Transilvania, EO ClimLab, BorosCons, SDAC Studio, Civil Engineering Department of Timisoara Politehnica University, Magnasci, Timisoara Startup Hub, in organizing October 27th, starting 6:00 PM a local event within the Climathon 2017, a climate change hackathon within a global network of similar events, bringing together people capable and willing to engage in generation of solutions addressing the climate change.
Unfortunately, here in Timisoara it was just weeks ago when the nature came with an extraordinary manifestation of unleashed strength. The September 17th storm massively affected the city, and the life of several of our fellow citizens in Timis County were abruptly terminated.
During the Timisoara 2017 Climathon we’ll try:
- to analyse the multifactorial system of societal elements defining the city climate footprint
- to generate ideas and explore technology and community based solutions that will permit us to
- measure the evolution of this footprint,
- collect, process, analyse, visualize, explain and disseminate relevant data to the community,
- increase Timisoara citizens awareness about the effects of their individual decisions (even in terms of daily life-style, transportation, consum patterns, etc) are influencing on a wider scale the climatic status
- to build a community of people ready to jointly act on longer terms on increasing our city’s contribution in preventing further negative climate evolution
- to connect with similar groups sharing a pro-active attitude in the Climate-KIC worldwide network
Climate-KIC is Europe’s largest public-private innovation partnership focused on climate change, consisting of dynamic companies, the best academic institutions and the public sector. It is one of the three Knowledge and Innovation Communities (KICs) created in 2010 by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT). EIT is an EU body whose mission is to create sustainable growth by addressing climate change mitigation and adaptation. It integrates education, entrepreneurship and innovation, resulting in connected, creative transformation of knowledge and ideas into economically viable products or services, offering means to mitigate climate change.
For more details about the event, and for registration visit Timisoara page on Climathon events website. Please consider that the number of participants isi limited to 25 and the deadline for registering for the event is October 25th.